Wednesday, September 21, 2005

the disappearance of time

I broke the strap of my watch months ago. I have been procrastinating about having it repaired but had not done anything about it until recently. While it sat looking broken and forlorned on my night table I resorted to various tactics to solve the problem I liked to call The Disappearance of Time.

On one occasion I deftly pronated a patient's arm exposing his wrist watch and proceeded to check his pulse and count his respiratory rate. In another occasion, I have subtly glanced at a professor's watch (I have an aisle seat right next to him) as I started losing interest in the lecture. I have twisted the arm of many classmates more times than I would like to acknowledge.

In any case, I have finally made the trip to the repair shop. Unfortunately, it was not my lucky day. The repair man had left for home earlier than usual and I had just missed him. The attending personnel who was trying to be helpful took my watch and started tinkering with it. This was her solution to my problem of lost time.

"i-scotch tape na lang"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home