Wednesday, August 24, 2005

coffee break



My electric bill has increased by at least a hundred pesos in the last two months. I have noticed that bill increases commonly coincide with major exams, not so much because I study all night, but because I’m generally too sleepy and too lost to remember switching everything off. The past month’s increase cannot be attributed to major exams though, for I had none. Quite simply, I attribute it to vile-tasting decaffeinated instant coffee.

I probably drank only two cups of the coffee that came from home. It was not too oily, which was great, but it was way too acidic for me. I have a feeling that one of the blends was decaf giving a horrible aftertaste. Since I cannot be brought to drink such vile-tasting coffee I forced my lazy self to deal with all the brewing preparations and post-brewing clean up in order to at least have a "drinkable" cup of coffee. I have been using the coffeemaker for the past month. It has this quite inefficient heater that takes a while to get the water hot and requires a longer brewing time, hence, the increase in electric consumption.

Lately, I don’t even notice how many cups I’ve drank already. I really don’t need to count. I have been fidgety and anxious for the past couple of weeks. I think that speaks enough of my current coffee consumption.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home