Wednesday, January 25, 2006

de-buhos

After rhinosinusitis last week and this week’s toothache disguised as a headache (too much chocolate is bad!) I find myself mentally and physicall drained and in much need of sleep. I have been using caffeine as a crutch, drinking 2 cups of coffee in my first waking hour and having a cola or another coffee around midmorning or lunch. I still manage to get some sleep at night since I refrain from drinking coffee late in the afternoon or the evening.

Onto school matters: Today’s exam in Pediatrics was canceled, which is a good thing. However, we will be having the exam tomorrow, a bad thing, considering I already have 2 other quizzes scheduled for tomorrow.

In the afternoon my classmates and I dropped by the Clinical Laboratory to have a few milliliters of blood extracted for Hepa B screening - another group’s project for Family Medicine. Everyday it’s Family Medicine day. It saddens me that although my group started early with our project’s implementation we are now two weeks behind based on the deadlines we ourselves set. I suppose it’s easier to downplay the importance of the subject and not pay much attention to it especially if we seem to be encountering a lot of problems. But I’d like to think it would’ve been better if we just worked on it immediately and finished it early. By postponing our implementation we are prolonging the duration of our problem, which is never a good thing.

It’s been raining intermittently all day. Every time I look out the window I am reminded of toilets, yung de-buhos (pour flush). That's exactly how the rain looks from inside a classroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home