Wednesday, November 29, 2006

surgery nostalgia

After rotating in five different hospitals for Surgery I have to say that I am going to miss the action at the Emergency Room, all the bleeding and gaping wounds to be sutured, fractures to be reduced, and burns to debride and dress. (No, I'm not going to miss retracting body parts in the OR). This is me saying goodbye to all the operating rooms that look like tiny closets to ones in big hospitals that look like spaceships.

Tomorrow is my last duty. It better be good.

(And then it’s hello to the delivery room for OB)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading your entries is so refreshing...it gives me a sense of what could have been if i had been a LOT better at science. hahaha.

happy holidays! hope you get a good, well-deserved break!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger lefthand said...

paola, thanks for dropping by. i'm glad to see you writing more these days. i'm afraid i can't say the same about myself.

happy holidays! enjoy new york.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home