Monday, March 27, 2006

my vacation, so far

Saturday morning, after waiting a week for the examination results to be posted, I found myself on a bus on the way to Batangas. I was fortunate enough not to partake of combo meals, side dishes or desserts. The fact that I was a week away from the first day of clerkship duty had not sunk in yet. I suppose the realization would be pretty overwhelming after I pay a whopping P144,000+ for enrolment in a few days.

Sunday morning I woke up early to hear mass with my grandmother and proceeded to visit the new addition to the clan, my week-old cousin Francesca. She was a lot smaller than his older brother at birth weighing only 5 lbs and some. As expected, she slept most of the time. I did an internal inventory about what I had learned about doing a neonatal physical exam and came up only with reflexes. So I stood over my week-old cousin, checked for Babinski, plantar, palmar, snout reflexes, etc. and concluded that I really, really needed to read more about neonatal P.E.

Monday, being broke I stayed home all day, started reading The Great Gatsby and waited for relatives to visit me.

Hmm. Exciting life, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home