Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm off

Tonight I want to stay up late to listen to music and read, the way I used to do when I was still working. I want to once again feel the relaxing calm of living (and working) near the beach even if at this point I am nowhere near one.

Tomorrow I want to wake up before the sun rises to go out and take pictures. No, not of the sun as it begins its journey across the sky. I want to take pictures of the city waking up. I want to take pictures of the night’s silence turning into a busy hum. I do not wish to document my life in pictures; writing is enough for me. What I want is to document other people’s life in pictures. What I want is to immerse myself in the harried vibe of the city but feel calm inside, not burdened by commitments, not held back by attachment, not lost in a daze of school work and exams.

I’d like to say I’m off to have a vacation but I’m not so sure about that. I doubt I’ll be able to go anywhere to actually unwind for the sem break. It’s still a nice thought though, me having a vacation (especially since I haven’t had a good one in a really long time).


Listening to: Lovesong (The Cure)
Reading: High Fidelity (Nick Hornby)

3 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Sean said...

I find that it's altogether possible to stay home and unwind there. There's no shortage of things to do, after all. Look for a few photo subjects. Browse some webcomics. See a musical. Write some nice poetry.

How long does your sembreak last? It would appear that we've got a long weekend coming around the end of October...

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger lefthand said...

sean: yes, there certainly is a lot that can be done at home, but i feel that i've been cooped up inside that i *must* go out.

i'm having the longest sem break i've ever had as a med student. classes won't start until the 7th of november, although i do need to do a few things in school before that.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Anj said...

Next time na mamili ako ng books hahanapin ko na talaga yang High Fidelity. :P

Angela
http://angelasolis.ph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home