Monday, October 17, 2005

bits and pieces on a monday

So.

It's 6 am on a Monday morning. I haven't gotten out of bed this early in a week. I go out the door to stretch a bit while I wait for my coffee to cool down a little. There's no use in having it burn my tongue, you see. As I start twisting and contorting my ill figure my neighbor from across the hall comes out and chats up a storm with me. We end up talking about . . . nothing much. Her niece is doing her last minute studying for a removal exam in Physiology and at the same time worrying about the results in Biochemistry. For a minute I feel very fortunate that I didn't have to go through the same ordeal when I was a freshman. Or as a sophomore or junior for that matter. NO to removals!!! I think at this moment that's the one thing I'm most scared of. I feel that the "pass or fail" option is not much of an option at all.

My mom called again last night. She is never one to check up on me regularly and yet for the past six weeks she has called me every Sunday at 11 pm with no fail. I do not take this sudden interest in my life as a fault. However, I can't help but feel mildly curious about what brought on this sudden shower of attention.

My grandmother sent me an SMS yesterday asking when I was going home to the province (yes, aren't I a darling, everyone seems to want to get in touch with me). As always, completely evading the question, I replied that the results for Surgery haven't been posted yet. I am going home in a day or two, and it is truly because of the delay in the release of Surgery grades that my trip to province has been waylaid. But I'm also trying to delay going home as long as I legitimately can because I need a few days to sleep until late in the morning and spend the whole day just reading a book. (It seems I've already had enough sleep already, since I'm back to waking up at 6 in the morning as is my habit.)

More bits and pieces later.


Listening to: Joss Stone, in my head, she's singing the theme from Alfie :)
Reading: The Weekenders: Travels in the Heart of Africa


"You are a wise man, my friend, a wise man in a place of great foolishness, and one who may yet survive this theatre of lunacy."
- Contamination, Irvine Welsh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home