Monday, October 24, 2005

deadwood

It's 9 o' clock. I'm up in my room having just finished watching Gilmore Girls. It's an old episode I haven't seen before but have probably read the transcript of. There's nothing else to watch now.

I have borrowed Lola's cassette/CD player because I thought this is probably a good time to pay attention to my once growing record collection. For some reason the first song I play is Deadwood, the second track of Garbage's "I Think I'm Paranoid" single. Right below that disc is Catatonia's "International Velvet". I play Road Rage. I wonder what I'm going to play next.

Last night it was around this time that I was eating dinner - leftover spaghetti with a little too much ground meat and needing a lot more spice. I was glad that The Italian Job on HBO turned out better than I thought it would. I was still very much awake after the movie. I took a light beer from the fridge and went up to my room. And that was the highlight of my day.

Fantastic.

I am 25. This is how I choose to live my life. Nothing is different. Everything is the same. Where has my life gone?

I was going to be someone by the age of 25.


Reading: Microserfs by Douglas Coupland


My "Hit List" for the night:
1. Deadwood - Garbage (I Think I'm Paranoid)
2. Road Rage - Catatonia (International Velvet)
3. All Eyes are Different - Shudder to Think (50,000 B.C.)
4. All Over You - Live (Throwing Coppers)
5. Dyslexic Heart - Paul Westerberg (Singles - OST)
6. Walk Down the Road - Cynthia Alexander (Rippingyarns)
7. Moonchild - Cibo Matto (StereoTypeA)
8. Winners - K's Choice (Cocoon Crash)
9. Indian Ragas - Makiling Ensemble (Per Square Meter: A benefit for Habitat for Humanity Philippines)
10. Mad About You - Hooverphonic (The Magnificent Tree)
11. Glory Box - Portishead (Roseland NYC Live)
12. American Adagio - Anne Dudley (Seriously Chilled)
13. High Life - Mono (Formica Blues)
14. Awesome - Veruca Salt (Eight Arms to Hold You)
15. My Sex - Elastica (The Menace)
16. I Can Buy You - A Camp (A Camp)
17. Angel of Sadness - A Camp (A Camp)

"Angel of Sadness leave me alone. When the music is over. The silence is home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home