Monday, February 20, 2006

The first letter I saw when I checked my email this afternoon came from my grandmother. I didn't even have to open it to know what it was all about. The subject gave it all away: My sister is dead.

She didn't even try to put it nicely. I suppose with death there really is no way of breaking the news gently.

Here's to remembering being read bible stories when I was a little girl and hearing my grandmother pray the rosary in Spanish. Here's to a long life of having loved and cared for family and being loved and cared for in return. I'm sure she is in an even better place today.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger siyoktong said...

Marika dear, I know it really doesnt ease the pain, nor does it try to change things but my condolences.I feel for you and your family.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger lefthand said...

ate jing, thank you very much. your concern is very much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home