Friday, November 25, 2005

cold turkey

It is two hours past my dismissal and everything feels wrong inside my head. The continuous ache that started last Saturday has suddenly changed character from a sharp, stabbing supraorbital pain to a dull ache that is deceiving. It almost feels that my week-long headache has finally subsided but I know it is still there, like a fading memory of an obscure dream. I'm not sure if I should be worried about it or not.

Earlier in the day I was going up and down the school's fire exit - to buy a drink, to get to my locker, to go down to a department. The fire exit was always the quicker route because it was on the side of all my above destinations. Going up and down the stairs all I could think about was having my camera fixed simply because I was itching to take pictures of the fire exit. This blog is not "Tales from the Fire Exit" for nothing. It is where I disappear to have my cup of coffee or to get some peace and quiet when the noise inside the classroom seems overwhelming. It's a good enough place to shout off frustrations or study without being disturbed. Of course there are other things that happen in the fire exit. But those stories are better left for another time.

Friday, thank God. I wonder why I always have friends who don't go out on a Friday. We seem like a goody-two-shoes band of quiet revelers. I am stuck between classmates who go straight home after school and friends who are too tired to go out after working overtime every day of the week. I am stuck in my apartment again although I am definitely not the homebody type.

Oh! By the way Happy Thanksgiving, well at least to those who celebrate the turkey day. My grandmother just called to say that my mom and two siblings are in Hawaii for a conclave right now. I'm not sure how long they will be staying there but I'm mightily pissed they didn't tell me about it.

My blog posts always seem to come on a Friday. I suppose being stuck in my apartment with nothing to do is the reason behind it. I am a cold turkey with my head in my hands trying to stop it from throbbing. Picture that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home