Thursday, December 08, 2005

more SA

I’d like to believe that we are finally getting somewhere with our situational analysis. There is a copy of IM student’s chief complaints from the Pay Treatment Room (PTR) on my desk. I have finished tabulating the data assigned to me and have found out that for 44 students, fever is the number one chief complaint. Of the 44 students, 35 are female and 12 are students of Medicine. Now what?

On my desk, too, are statistics obtained from the library regarding books borrowed by the students and the purpose for borrowing (reading, Xerox, overnight). The most common reason for borrowing books was for reading inside the library but the numbers borrowing for Xerox increase to a comparable number during exam period. So what? What do I do with this data now?

Certain points of the project and the action plan are already mapped out - Point A the problem, Point B the survey, Point C the action plan and alternatives. Our main concern right now is getting from one point to another – from SA to point A, from point A to point B, and so on. There is a gap between these big stepping stones and at this point I can’t figure out how to utilize the still non-existent small stepping stones.

Do you get the picture? Am I getting my point across? Things would be better if I could work with people who are actually trying to make this project work. It entails too much effort for me to put my point across, even more to push people into action. After 25 years of life I have not developed characteristics that make me a leader. I’d like to believe that as a good member I am still a valuable part of the group. As I always like to say there will be no good leaders without good followers. I have no problem with working hard. I just wish that each member of the group would work equally as hard as well.

Thursday. It’s Thank God it’s Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home